- Filbert nuts and harmonicas both take the brunt end of some serious shit-talking
- Neil Young is pretty good
- John Popper is not
- A sad review of Twins FIPs
- NBA finals recap
- Weekend plans
Reunited and it feels so good – at least for a few minutes until Stu drops out and never returns. Nevertheless, we battle through the adversity to cover:
- Jon’s new footie gig
- Friendlies: do they matter a tiny bit, or not at all?
- The asinine draft and cold streak that cured us of Nant Fever
- Embracing the insane NBA finals
- Clarence’s Denver review
- General travel woes
Then we broken skull challenge each other to not be self-deprecating anymore. Lotta bases covered. Check it out.
Clarence ditched us again so fill-in host and startribune.biz editor Brian Stensaas joined us to holler about:
- “I did a little Pony” – Stu’s self-review of his Dad Dance
- More head-scratching about the Twins
- Molitor review
- Invention idea: anti-snob pills
- Sordid details of the Strib behind the scenes (mostly just Sid being cranky)
- A tiny bit of AP talk, sorry
- Half-assed NBA and NHL finals previews
Clarence couldn’t make it for this one, so we replaced him with Liz Welle and got back to work. Thanks to her for being willing to talk to us about any and all of the following:
- The Twins: are we ready to love again?
- Upside-down nachos
- Paynesville, MN
- Why Rangers fans are the absolute worst, and how much we hate people who went to North Dakota
- Nacho criteria
- A horrifying soccer story
And plenty more. Plus, Stu had his best episode, and is really getting warmed up for the season.
TITLETOWN. Letterman. Wilco. Towns vs Okafor. Hakstol. Eliminate tugging? Twins musical chairs. Mauer the f***ing animal.
We forgot to prepare for the show so we did a group tap-dance routine for an hour. The routine included:
- Clarence’s NFL draft rebuttal
- Our throats are scratchy, we’re coming down with something, not sure what it could be, it’s a mystery
- NBA draft lottery (yes, it got that desperate)
- Art-A-Whirl, dance competitions and various other tangents
- Vikings draft review in which Brandon compliments Spielman and immediately enters witness protection to avoid the wrath of Clarence
- Heavy sighs over the Wild
- Stu’s daughter says hello!
- Group therapy on how to deal with sports loss and the key to happy fandom
- Our annual cackling over the Twins brief competence
For the first time in more than 100 episodes, we got all four of us in a room at the same time. We went to Grumpy’s in Roseville, where we were joined by an all-star cast, including Aaron Gleeman (for the whole thing) and (at various times) Hans Van Slooten, Amanda White, Lindsay Guentzel, and Dave Marthaler.
When all four of us weren’t talking at the exact same time – which was most of the time – we discussed:
- The Wild’s chances against the Blackhawks in Round 2 of the playoffs
- The Vikings’ pick in the NFL Draft (recorded live)
- Whether Ted Thompson is a Sagittarius
- Who the heck is Ciara
- Sam Hinkle / Hinkie
The whole thing goes off the rails pretty much immediately, but we had an excellent time. We’re all looking forward to Episode 206, when we all get together again.
Flush with new listeners after our City Pages award, we tried an experiment in which one of us got hopped up on cold medicine, two others watched TV instead of paying attention and the fourth chatted into an unanswering ether about god knows what. The result was…interesting? Maybe? Topics:
- Paul Molitor is the bright spot in the organization because he’s not yet obviously terrible
- According to local reports, TORII HUNTER TRIED TO STEAL HOME but we refuse to believe
- NBA playoffs preview! To the delight of no one!
- Potential Vikings draft picks
- A third Property Brother???
- Our regular amount of tangential BS to finish up the show
- Head scratching and back slapping over our “Best MN Sports Podcast” award from City Pages
- Wild playoff preview including Keys to the Series (spoiler alert: the keys are Cooperalls and weird trash talk)
- The Twins are garbage but we have two silver linings, both related to boners
- Out of context quote: “Hairless Twink Ads”
- Unhinged griping about the Wolves, who even in this terrible sports town are the most hopeless franchise
- Footie stadium talk
In summary, we started the episode wondering how we won an award and then spent 75 minutes justifying our confusion. ENJOY.